Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom. . .the person I always wanted to be like when I grew up (didn't quite make it)

Why do I want to be like her?

*She loves us unconditionally (even though she had a daughter who was cranky in the morning despite being awakened with a smile!)

*She was a mom first. . .a career woman second (even when she had a job, our home always came first. It was clean, inviting, and we had homemade meals on a regular basis)

*She is the most patient person I know (even though there were some moody teenage girls in the house!)

*She prays unceasingly (enough said!)

*I don't think I have ever heard her raise her voice to my sister or me (even though we deserved it many times)

*She lives sacrificially (our closet was crammed with new clothes while she was content with what she had. And, no matter how tired she might have been . . .our needs came first)

*She always said that if you couldn't say something nice about someone, then don't say anything at all. Not only did she say it, but she lived it, which is most important

*She has a tender heart that I'm sure I have broken over the years. . .yet I never knew when I did.

*She is a devoted friend

*She is dependable

*She exemplifies Proverbs 31. . .and I'm not sure why God chose her for me but she is one of the Best gifts that He has given to me.

So, I guess that means she is "my" gift on "her" birthday!!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar