Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Andrea Bocelli at the Denver Pepsi Center




Now that the nice weather is here to stay, and our new lives living in Colorado are a little less hectic, my husband and I want to take advantage of all the wonderful concert and entertainment venues that the greater Denver area has to offer. As a treat for my upcoming "special" birthday, my dear husband surprised me with tickets to see Andrea Bocelli perform at Denver's Pepsi Center

The Pepsi Center, located at 1000 Chopper Circle in Denver, Colorado, is home to the Denver Nuggets (basketball team), the Colorado Avalanche ( hockey team ) and the Colorado Mammoth (Lacrosse team). The Center also hosts about 200 varied entertainment events--concerts, ice shows, circus, family entertainment, etc.

 Almost directly across the street from the Pepsi center is Brooklyn's, a large, nostalgic looking bar and grill.  Of course I had to go over to check it out, since I was a native of Brooklyn, NY.  It is a wonderful place to get a pre-show drink, appetizer, burger or sandwich, etc. I've learned it is one of a few different Brooklyn's located in Denver.



Entering the Pepsi Center, my excitement builds. I have all of his CD's but this is the first time I have seen him perform live! Andrea Bocelli performed songs from his new album "Passione,"  a stunning collection of Mediterranean love songs, sung in many languages. The album features duets with Jennifer Lopez, Nelly Furtado and the late Edith Pilaf.

Bocelli was accompanied last night by the Colorado Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Eugene Kohn and the Colorado Symphony Chorus.


Rising soprano star Maria Aleida sang a few solos, as well as duets with Bocelli. One of the encore finales they sang together was the very popular "Con te Partiro(Time to say Goodbye).


Also performing a magnificent violin solo, and accompanying Bocelli on a few songs, was violinist Caroline Campbell.


2004 American Idol winner Fantasia performed her signature song George Gershwin's "Summertime" and sang a few duets with Bocelli.


A surprise for my husband and myself was that towards the end of the concert Bocelli sang Frank Sinatra's song "New York, New York," while scenes from New York City were shown on the jumbo screen.  I think the song was a puzzlement to the Colorado crowd, but I felt as if it were a special song sang just for me!


Thank you, dear husband, and Andrea Bocelli, for a wonderful evening -- one I'll never forget!

To listen to a portion of Andrea Bocelli singing the ultimate finale encore of the night's concert, "Nessun Dorma," from the opera Turandot, go to my Mille Fiori Favoriti facebook page at this link. I'd also be honored if you "like" my blog's new facebook page!

To read an interesting interview with Andrea Bocelli click on this link on the Denver Post blog.


Bookmark and Share

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar