Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Reading Classic Books Challenge 2020


Because I always need a little push to keep me working on completing my Classics List, I have been looking for a related challenge. I found the Reading Classic Books Challenge at The Broken Spine hosted by Erica.

The rules are simple:
1) ALL books must have been first published 50 years ago or earlier
2) Books must be read between January 1st and December 31st
3) Books may be used for up to two prompts


I have added books on my list that I may read for some of the topics.

The Challenge Prompts:

1) Read a classic over 500 pages
Charles Dickens – Bleak House (1853)
2) Read a classic by a POC and/or with a POC as the main character
Zora Neale Hurston – Their Eyes Were Watching God (1937)
3) Read a classic that takes place in a country other than where you live
Christopher Isherwood – Goodbye to Berlin (1939)
4) Read a classic in translation
Vicki Baum – Grand Hotel (1929)
5) Read a classic by a new to you author
Madeleine L'Engle – A Wrinkle in Time (1962)
6) Read a book of poetry

7) Read a classic written between 1800-1860
Jane Austen – Sense and Sensibility (1811)
8) Read a classic written by an LGBT author and/or with an LGBT main character

9) Read a classic written by a woman
Nancy Mitford – The Pursuit of Love (1945)
10) Read a classic novella

11) Read a classic nonfiction

12) Read a classic that has been banned or censored
Ray Bradbury – Fahrenheit 451 (1953)





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar