Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ralph Loves D.A. too.

I was working on showing you a post of Cathy Pendletons sheep that I made but it seems her 
website is down 
so until then I thought I'd show you the Fall Collection from Ralph Lauren.

Guess what his theme was???

Yup you guessed it.

Hubby thinks I'm obsessed. 
Well who isn't?

Could you see yourself in any of these clothes?
I love it all 
...now I just need to grow another 8 inches so I can 
look as tall and leggy as the models..
and while I'm wishing age backwards
 and win the lottery so I could afford the clothes.















written by Verena von Pfetten 

When the first model at Ralph Lauren‘s fall show walked on to the runway to the dulcet sounds of the Downton Abbey theme song, our first thought was: how come no one thought of doing this earlier?
Most fashion weeks see no shortage of musical overlaps with songs, but the fact that the haunting piano notes of John Lunn‘s “Did I Make The Most Of Loving You?” managed to stay exclusive makes us wonder if Lauren didn’t send out some sort of all designer alert claiming the Downton theme for his own. If he did, he was smart. If he didn’t, he was lucky. Because it was a hit. Editors whooped; we grabbed the arm of our neigbor and stage whispered, “Ohmygod, it’s Downton!”
And it wasn’t just the music. The clothes took us to the fields of the Abbey for a hunt, into the drawing room for cigars and aperitifs, and on jaunty country drives courtesy of EdithLady Sybil would have been exceedingly proud of all the trousered suits while Mary could have singlehandedly saved the fate of the estate by wearing just one of Ralph’s molten gold metal gowns to meet a suitor.
And if you don’t watch Downton or know who any of these people are, that’s okay too. (Though you’re certainly missing out.) Because who better to offer a modern take on Edwardian garden styles than Ralph Lauren? And come fall, we have no doubt plenty of lucky ladies will agree.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar