Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Blogmas: Fashion Favourites of 2019

It always seems to be that people are quick to show items that they have recently purchased, and I am certainly guilty of this, without showing how they get on with it later on. At the end of the year I like to look back at some of the fashion items I bought throughout the year and share my favourites with you. I actually did this post as part of Blogmas last year and it ended up being one of my favourites.


Over the past year I have tried to open up my blog to incorporate a bit of fashion as well as beauty and it seems to have been quite a positive change. I have certainly enjoyed writing about it and showing more of it on my Instagram. As these are my favourite items from the past year, I am sure you will have seen pretty much all of these pieces before. I've included some of my most worn items and also just some of my favourites that feel like a genuine treat.

Aspinal of London - Lottie Bag

Starting with my ultimate treat item of the year, a second Aspinal bag. I bought my first Lottie Bag last year and I was obsessed so when I saw this gorgeous pink one more than half price in the John Lewis sale, I had to buy it!

I had been eyeing it up full price and I said that if I were to buy a second Aspinal bag, it would be this one however it needed to be the right price. In the sale it was the right price so I snapped it up and I've used it ever since.

Unlike my other bag, this is a gorgeous smooth leather with gold hardware but the main difference is that this is a dusty pink instead of taupe, like my last one. I have actually been reaching for the pink one more purely because it adds a tiny bit of colour to my otherwise rather boring outfits. The size of this bag is absolutely perfect and it fits all of my essentials stopping me from carrying around too much which I will do if I have a large bag. My one problem is that this is smooth leather so it shows marks more easily than a textured bag so I do have to be careful with this one but I am incredibly pleased I bought it. 

Missguided - Check Coat

This year I have tried to include more fashion content on my blog and Instagram which has included writing about both A/W19 and S/S20 in depth. After looking at the two fashion months I've learnt a valuable lesson, that elements that you see on a runway can be taken to your everyday wardrobe and that was what happened with this coat from Missguided.

When I looked at A/W19, there was a clear check trend within a lot of runways, which I did note in my Fashion Month Summary. I bought this after I had spent the month looking at the trends and I don't think I've received as many compliments on a piece of clothing as I have this coat.

Since I bought this, I have lived in this coat. My work uniform is charcoal and therefore it is rather plain so I wear this pink check to add a bit of colour. I had been looking for a long, slightly oversized coat for a while and this is one of the only petite ones I've seen and luckily it fits me perfectly. 

This isn't an overly thick coat but it keeps me warm and stylish, what more could I ask for? It also only cost me £35 because it had been discounted and it is easily one of my most worn items this year. 

The Kooples - Marilyn Top

The Kooples is easily one of my favourite fashion brands, whenever I go in I always find pieces I like and want to add to my wardrobe. Even though I love everything I have purchased from The Kooples this year (it is definitely a considered purchase sort of place,) my favourite is the Marilyn top I bought back in the Summer sale. I had been eyeing this top up for ages and when it was finally discounted, I had to have it. 

My closest store is in Bath so I went there and they only had a size 2 so I tried it and it was slightly oversized but it was perfect for what I wanted it for. I wanted a sort of old looking vintage band tee but one that retained a slight glamour, and that is embodied in this top. There are so many ways that this top can be styled and that is why it is my favourite of all The Kooples purchases I have made this year. Plus I wear it all the time. 

Saint Laurent Top

It is incredibly rare that I get to tick off any items that make it to my Fashion Wishlists, purely because they are typically luxury. However, when I went to Bicester Village for the first time in a very long time, I lucked out in the Saint Laurent store.

A good white T-Shirt is a must in every wardrobe because they are so easy to throw on when you don't know what to wear and they go with everything. I had included a basic white Saint Laurent top in a Wishlist back in 2017 and this year, my dreams came true. At the front of the mens rail they had a plain white Saint Laurent top with the Saint Laurent in a font that makes it look like it has been written using a marker pen. I had originally wanted the one with it written in the middle but they only had the version with it written around the neck. 

Full price these tops are around £250 and I paid £100 for mine. Still a lot of money for what is essentially a basic white top but this represents so much more for me and I am so glad I managed to get it at such a good price. It also means that I've finally bought my first piece of Saint Laurent which is something I've wanted to do for years.

In The Style - Dani Dyer Jumper

A newer addition to my wardrobe is a jumper that I cannot stop wearing so I feel like it deserves a mention. Prior to this year I hadn't shopped on In The Style but when it was announced that they would be creating a range of clothing with the queen Fashion Influx I took notice of the website and I have been shopping on there ever since. 

Even though I have shopped a lot from the Fashion Influx range, this jumper actually wasn't part of it; the jumper came from the Dani Dyer collection. I am not a fan of Dani Dyer, in fact I really have no feelings towards her, it just happens that I like a lot of the clothes she launches and this jumper was part of her Winter launch. I bought it as soon as I could because I loved it and I've barely taken it off since. 

I am obsessed with adding elements of pink to my outfits; whether that is my Aspinal bag or this jumper, I think dusty pink is a vibe. I love the colour block pattern and its really oversized fit, it makes it super comfortable and easy to wear. There are actually two versions of this pattern and I'm thinking of getting the second just to give this jumper a break.

All Saints - Krystal Dress

Alongside The Kooples, All Saints certainly sits at the top of my favourite brands list. For my birthday I treated myself to a dress from All Saints. It was called the Krystal Wrap Dress and I instantly loved the style of it. The wrap style highlights my waist and it is the perfect length.

They have released this dress a few times since, with different patterns but this remains my favourite as it is a spotty splash design. It is black and white which makes it easy to wear and allows me to wear it all year round. This was my favourite dress of the year and really it started the patterned dress theme that I carried through my wardrobe for the Spring/Summer season.

Primark - Boilersuit

Over the year, the boilersuit has made a come back. Whenever I have spoken about them my mother always says, 'I remember them first time round.' Fashion comes and goes and at the moment it is the time of the boilersuit. I have always wanted one but as I am petite, I have always struggled to find one that fits me. 

It took me a long time to find the right boilersuit for me and there it was hung up in Primark. There was only one boilersuit left, and it was in a size 4, my size! It felt like it was meant to be and ever since I have worn this boilersuit a lot. I love that it has a belt so that it shows some of my shape and I have rolled up the bottom of the trousers to give myself a more casual look.

I love the ease of the boilersuit because you only have to decide that you are wearing it, you don't have to think about the top or bottoms you are going to wear. You can just throw on the boilersuit and that is your outfit done, paired with some vans and my Aspinal bag and I look really cute. Between this boilersuit and the In The Style Block Jumper, I have basically worn one of these two outfits every day since October. I hang this on the outside of my wardrobe so it is easy to throw on when I do not know what to wear. 

H&M - Check Trousers 

This year I wanted to move away from my only trouser option being jeans and both of the options I have picked are included in my years favourites. The first pair I purchased after looking at A/W19 fashion week. I had been looking for a pair of check trousers for a while but I really struggle to find any trousers which will fit me. However, H&M came through with a size 4 set of check peg paperbag waist trousers.

I loved the large grey check which used thin borders so it wasn't a hideously obvious/garish pattern. The paperbag waist creates shape and makes my waist look tiny. They are really comfortable and completely different from wearing jeans. I like to wear these with a plain black top and ankle boots which makes me feel super glam. 

Zara Leather Look PVC Leggings

These are the newest item that I have included in this post, I only got them at the start of November but they are exactly what I had been looking for, for a long time. I've wanted some PVC trousers for Autumn as I love the look of leather for A/W. 

The particular pair that I have been loving are from Zara. I tried on a couple of different leggings from Zara but I ended up getting the Hi-Rise Leggings in XS. They aren't too tight but they are fitted and they look great with both a bodysuit and a baggy jumper. I am glad that I have finally filled that gap in my wardrobe. 

Primark - Backpack

I've never been a backpack person. When I was at school I completely missed this trend and always had handbags. This year I was inspired by some of the smaller backpacks I was seeing like the ones from Gucci so when I saw a woman in Bath carrying my perfect backpack, I needed to find out where she had got it from. After staring at the backpack, I saw a label and it turns out she had just bought the bag from Primark. 

At that point I had already passed the Primark in Bath and I didn't want to force my friend to go back but I made it my mission to get one when I was next in Bristol. I bought one and it is easily my most used bag of the year because I take it to work. Much like my Aspinal bag, it stops me from carrying too much around with me but it is just right for all of my work essentials. It is so easy to wear and it is compact which was everything I wanted from a backpack. I am still so pleased with this and I can't believe it took me this long to get into the backpack life. 

Gianvito Rossi Shoes

I allow myself one luxury bag and one pair of designer shoes a year. This year, the shoes found their way to me in the January sales when I got an actual bargain in Harvey Nichols. I had gone in with one of my besties to look for trainers for her but instead I ended up leaving with a pair of Gianvito Rossi.

I had wanted a pair since I had seen In The Frow wear hers because they reminded me of a pair of Sophia Webster Shoes I had wanted that featured as part of her S/S15 collection. I loved the PVC inserts on the side. At the time it was so unique. Obviously now you can buy the knock offs everywhere but I've tried a few and the PVC they use is really uncomfortable whereas these are secure but doesn't threaten to rub your feet.

Of course I would have liked a more classic pair but when do spots go out of style? At £169 these were so much cheaper than their original £549 price tag. When I saw this and that they were a size 4, I had to buy them and almost a year later, I am still so happy with the fact that I bought these. 


Oddly there is quite a lot of check patterns this year which suggests to me that Fashion Week had a bigger influence on me than I thought it would have. I also feel like there is a good mix of high and low brands which shows that you don't have to have lots of money to be able to curate a good wardrobe that you are going to wear a lot. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar