Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lace Covered Lamp Shades

 As I was looking around at all the fabulous blogs this week I seen where A lady had covered a lamp shade with an old vintage crocheted piece and it was so pretty., sort of like Magnolia Pearl's clothing line.I thought heck I have boxes of vintage lace I think I will try that. So walked around the house and studio to spot my project and started with my little blue & white teapot lamp. I had forgotten I even had this little lamp it was in my bedroom on a dresser for a long time and I recently moved it to the living room on a little black chest coming in my front door.Anyway here it is


Before                                        
I was trying to decide which lace I would use , I loved the one on top of shade but didin't have enough to use it . I also went and cut up my wedding dress to use that lace and it was just to heavy a lace for this small shade.


                                                                         




I decided to use some of my ecru colored lace for this shade , my caroler that I recently redressed  was setting on my work table to encourage me that I could do this LOL she is redressed in some of my vintage lace




Here we go , with my favorite sharpest scissors I have, a friend bought these for me at the Paducah Kentucky quilt show one year I didn't go
                                                                                   
 
Finished I thought


Then I wanted to add some trim to top of the shade






Shade with light on , This took about 30 minutes to complete



                                                                         



      light off , It was a quick  fulfilling project , I bought this little lamp about 10 years ago at a store named Inside Outlet, however it's not in Columbia any longer, it was the best darn store for furniture, rugs and lamps , I have several items from that store.

My pictures are much better if you click on them, Lighting in my house has a lot to be desired, thanks xoxo


Linky parties  I am joining in

Ivy & Elephants           Blog Shop/ How sweet The Sound 
Savvy Southern Style           Shabby Creek Cottage 
Primp your stuff                    No Minimalist Here
Rae Gun Ramblings                               Frugal Friday 
From my Front Porch to Yours                          Shabbyilicious Friday
Pearls & Lace Thursday / giveaway    
Coloradolady          
My Romantic Home                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar