Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Do you want to go to Micanopy, FL?

Let’s take a drive through the countryside to experience this delightful ‘Old Florida’ town. It’s the oldest inland town in Florida and has about 600 residents.

streetIMG_6907

It was a beautiful day to take a drive. I love taking the backroads, don’t you?

driveIMG_7059

And because of the rains we’ve had, everything is nice and green.

horsesIMG_6876

I just have to show a close up of these horses. (taken out of my side window…yes, I slowed down and there was no traffic on this road)

horsescropIMG_6876

Micanopy was having a very slow, laid back day as well.

best1-001

So I walked and walked taking pics everywhere I went. (enough for a ‘few’ posts!lol)

garageIMG_0669

A couple of popular movies were filmed here. Doc Hollywood and Cross Creek….Cross Creek is one of my OLD TIME favorite movies. If you haven’t seen it….find it and enjoy! It’s based on the book by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings.

IMG_6926

Plenty of parking downtown…that’s my BMW tucked safely in the parallel parking. (we’ll get back to that in a few minutes!)

IMG_6899

Time to walk…

bIMG_6904

walk….

IMG_6912

walk!

IMG_6981

Lots to see and plenty of interesting shops to browse.

wIMG_7011

A stress free day! WHAT? I was almost back to my car when I heard CRASH!!!

wreckIMG_6969

A car wreck right next to my car. So much for stress free! It was a miserable day for several people so I said a quick prayer for them.

storeIMG_7029

Time to GO!!!

best1

I’m joining Mosaic Monday HERE.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar