Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Zero-Waste Changes that Won't Cost You Any Money





Most people assume that going zero-waste is costly. But when I started the change, I did spend some money in a few things but there were things that didn't cost me any. Here as some zero-waste changes that won't cost you any money:

1. Shop your own closet or your mom's or sister's. Save money by reloving your old clothes by upcycling them or swap clothes, bags or accessories with your mom or sister!

2. Make your own coffee or meals at home. I don't drink coffee in the morning but when I eat my meals at home, I realized I reduced one set of takeout containers which are usually single-use plastics.

3. Bring your own bag when buying groceries. I used to keep forgetting to bring one when I do buy groceries. So I would hang one canvass bag on my door, keep one in my bag, and one in the car.

4. Bring your own water bottle. I used to bring with me a water bottle to refill when I need water or fill my to go drinks. Right now, I use my handy-dandy stojo cup that I could collapse when its empty. It saves so much space!

5. Swap paper towels with rags from old and worn out clothes. Use the last bits of life from your clothes by reusing them to wipe surfaces.

6. Regrow produce. Do you know you could actually regrow your own produce from your food scraps? You could make your tiny garden with lettuce, tomatoes, ginger, and more!

7. Make your own cleaning products. I was so amazed that you could actually make your own multipurpose cleaning products from your own pantry. Read my DIY All Purpose Cleaner here.

8. Trade books with friends. I usually like to borrow books from friends or swap books with them to save money and space at home.

9. Just say no to single use plastics. It's difficult to refuse sometimes, but before saying anything, think deeply of where that item would be in a year. Would you still want it?

10. Get to know more your trash. Before throwing away your trash or empty containers, assess whether you could recycle or compost it. Since I am constantly doing this before, I now assess the product before buying it. I ask myself, "How should I sustainably dispose this when I finish it?". When the answer is "I can put this in the compost." or "Recycle it." or "Clean and reuse the container.", then I'll buy it. When the answer is "Oh. This would be tricky." then I'll second guess my purchase and usually find a zero waste or sustainable option.

What are zero-waste changes that didn't cost you any money??

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar